Preparation time: 1:00 a.m.
Cooking time: 15 min
Portions: 2 people
200g skinless striped bar, diced
125 ml (1/2 cup) lime juice
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped coriander stalks
2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
1 clove garlic, halved
- In a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Cover and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Place a serving dish in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Strain marinade.
- In a bowl, combine fish and marinade. Leave to macerate for 5 minutes.
- Drain the fish and reserve the marinade.
- Divide the fish on the cold serving dish. Garnish the plate with your choice of seasonal vegetables, coriander, lime zest, lime and fleur de sel. Drizzle with the marinade reserved for taste and a drizzle of olive oil. Pepper.
Enjoy the season of NB's wild striped bar, a local fish with firm and delicious white flesh! Serve with a delicious white wine.