Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 3:00 a.m.
Portions: 4 people
- 2 fresh monkfish tails
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 leeks
- 1 clove garlic
- 300g dry red beans
- 2 cans 55gr canned tomato coulis
- 3 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs Thyme and parsley
- Salt and pepper (to your liking)
- Get your fishmonger cleans Lotte's tails
- Put the red beans to soak the day before
- Cut a mirepoix with the vegetables and fry them with olive oil for a few minutes then add the garlic, chilli, thyme, parsley, vegetables and beans
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce, add the two canned cans of tomato coulis plus a can of water and cover, cook between 2 and 3 hours in the oven at 350 F.
- Cut the monkfish into cubes and sear over high heat, set aside.
- Once the beans are cooked add the monkfish and return to the oven for 10 minutes, salt and pepper to your liking and serve hot with your favorite accompaniment!
Gratin with cheese and eat with Nachos-style Tortillas!
Use canned beans and cook for 1 hour instead of 2 to 3 hours (as with dried beans)