Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Portions: 2 people
1 lb fresh smelt
Flour in sufficient quantities
Salt and pepper
Sliced vegetables (for baking)
Dry smelt with paper towels
- Flour the smelts evenly on each side and tap to remove the excess flour.
- Add enough oil to fry over high heat.
Fry the smelt until golden brown. Move on to stage 6.
- 10 minutes at 375F on a bed of minced vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with seaweed and lemon mayonnaise.
Serve warm with a green salad or a crisp fennel salad!